This is an A+ family.
I have a blog post from forever ago that I refer to quite frequently. The reason for this is because I am constantly getting the question, “what should I wear to my photography session?” It just made more sense to me to write it down and refer people back to it because it really can be an overwhelming thing when you’re doing family (or any other kind) portraits to decide what to wear.
Now I say all that because I need to introduce you to this family. The next time I blog something and need examples of people fabulously dressed for their family portraits, these guys win. They may even be the only examples. I’m telling you, these guys listened to me. Actually, they probably never even looked at my lovely ‘how to’ post but I can assure you they will be featured in the next ‘how to’ post as an example of how to. Because they got it right.
So what did they do to be ranked as an A+ family?? Well, I’m sure you can see from the images themselves, but I would like to point out a few things that make them stand out.
- They wore clothes that reflect who they are
- These guys are NOT boring! They’re all Ecuadorian (half of them by marriage the other half by birth!) and have that amazing Latin flair thing going on. It would have been ridiculous if they’d shown up in white shirts and jeans. It’s just not them, so they didn’t try. Brilliant.
- They had a ‘pop of color’
- We joked the whole time because they had decided that they were going to have a ‘pop of color’ and that was going to be red. So everyone was showing off their chosen ‘pop of color’ and explaining why theirs was the best. It went on and on. Besides being extremely funny and entertaining, the ‘pop of color’ thing works. It ties them all together in the image and I just love when that’s done well.
- They had fun
- Family portraits are supposed to reflect who you are. They’re supposed to showcase your personality and these did for them. These guys own their own business, The Eye Man Optical, (shameless plug, they’re amazing!!) so they have a few pairs of eye glasses. They were even to the point of coordinating down to their glasses and joking with each other about how much better their glasses looked. Come on, how fun is that!?
Aside from the A+ in their look and style, I just like this family! They are fun, laugh a LOT, genuinely like each other and you can see that all over them. What’s not to like? We laughed and we laughed some more. We even got to see a surprise engagement happen in front of us, so sweet! All in all it was a super fun session and I’m glad to know this wonderful, fun, well coordinated family.